Thursday, June 18, 2015

We interrupt this message for a list of IPAs

Still recovering from last night's trauma. Of course, it started to rain just as I was dumping the precious cargo. I opened the lid, had a brief second thought about trying to rack from under the top of the beer, and kicked it over.

Well, life doesn't give you much time to stew in a bad mood, whether I want to or not. So, I'm shaking it off.

I'M NOT AFRAID, I'M ANGRY
There you go, Batyeast. Knew I could count on you.

The yearly poll from the magazine of the American Homebrewer's Association, Zymurgy, has rounded out the 50 most popular beers in the country, according to homebrewers. Needless to say, 9 of the top 10 were enamel-melting hop-bombs. However, my homies at New Holland made the list for best portfolio! Huzzah!

Go ahead and follow the link if you think your favorite beer is on the list. Then again, homebrewers tend to breed the biggest snobs in the universe, so maybe not! I know mine isn't on the list-- although I did just get a six-pack of Zombie Dust from a friend. Mmmmm.

And if you're feeling adventurous, some clone recipes are available in the few beers that have links. Go ahead, try to clone DFH's 90-Minute IPA. See if it doesn't melt your primary fermentor. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment