Saturday, July 26, 2014

Brainstorm part wahid

Attack of the Killer Red Delicious
Red Ale
A knock-out heavy caramel-tasting typical red ale malt, with a hint of apple (somehow). Get it? Caramel apple. I'm so clever.

Maybe what made me think of it or why it's not possible right now:
I dunno if it actually sounds like it would be good, or if it just sounds like it would be interesting. I think it would be fun for a one-gallon batch in the fall, if I can find a good grain bill for a red. And I'm struggling with names right now. I really want to make a red, and the other day I came up with "Gallon Donor." No idea why I thought that was a good idea to make it seem like you were drinking blood.

Swamp Water
Black Ale or Smoked Ale
Maybe a Keweenaw Widow Maker clone. Or if I can find a decent extract recipe for a smoked ale. Who knows? Maybe this is my cue to try partial mash.

Maybe what made me think of it or why it's not possible right now:
I wonder if Gator would drink this. Nah, I don't wonder. But I absolutely don't have the funds for this beer right now.

Captain Shorty's Sharp Wit
Belgian Witbier
A fluffy Belgian wheat ale with blood oranges & coriander. Or maybe something with a little more tang. I'm thinking of this guy right here. Sounds fantastic.

Maybe what made me think of it or why it's not possible right now:
Shorty deserves a beer. He puts up with a lot of crap. He's a veteran, for Pete's sake. But this is a summer beer, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment